Audi R8 is everybody like the car, but the R8 open for a long time also need maintenance, which is important to the maintenance the R8's braking system, it has to be replaced to avoid the R8 brake pads, as is known to all the R8 is a very cool sports car, in order to make our beloved sports car performance is stable, we will timely update the brake pads.
Although the brake pad is very small, at the critical moment it plays a protective role in our lives, I will introduce the maintenance skills of Audi R8 brake pad for you.
1. Check the brake shoes once every 5000 kilometers under normal driving conditions, not only check the remaining thickness but also check the wear state of the shoes, whether they wear degree of both sides is the same, whether the return position is free, etc. If any abnormal situation is found, it must be dealt with immediately.
2. The brake shoe is generally composed of iron lining board and friction material. Do not replace the shoe until the friction material is worn out. For example, the front brake shoes of Jetta car, the thickness of the new film is 14 mm, and the maximum thickness of the replacement is 7 mm, including more than 3 mm of iron liner thickness and nearly 4 mm of friction material thickness. Some vehicles have a brake shoe alarm function, once the wear limit is reached, the instrument will alarm to prompt the replacement of the shoe. The shoes that have reached the limit of use must be replaced. Even if they can be used for a period of time, the braking effect will be reduced and the safety of driving will be affected.
3. When replacing, the brake pads provided by the original spare parts should be replaced. Only in this way can the braking effect between the brake pads and the brake discs be maximized and the wear and tear be minimized.
4. When replacing shoes, special tools must be used to push back the brake sub-pump. Do not use other crowbars to force back, which may cause the brake clamp guide screw to bend and block the brake pad.
5. After the replacement, must step on several foot brake, in order to eliminate the gap between the shoe and the brake disc, resulting in the first foot did not brake, prone to accidents.
6. After the replacement of the brake shoe, the best braking effect can only be achieved by running in 200 kilometers. The newly replaced shoe should be driven carefully.