In the brake system of a car, the brake pad is the most critical safety part and one of the most frequently used parts in daily driving. Regular maintenance is essential. Industry insiders said that the daily maintenance of the brake pads is relatively simple, mainly for regular inspections, paying attention to the thickness of the brake pads, replacing the brake pads in time, and reducing the emergency brake can extend its life.
Generally, the effective use of brake pads is about 40,000 kilometers, which is slightly increased or decreased according to personal usage habits. Due to the heavy traffic in urban driving, the corresponding loss is relatively large. The owner should minimize the emergency braking as much as possible, so that the brake pads will obtain a longer service life.
In addition, it is also recommended that the car owner regularly go to the 4S shop for supporting inspections to see if the card issuance and other related parts are loose or displaced. A loose hairpin will cause the two left and right brake pads to wear differently, shortening the service life. In addition, it is necessary to take care of the entire car brake system, increase lubrication, and check whether there are problems such as rusting of parts. It is recommended that the owner change the brake fluid every year, because the water consumption of the brake fluid will exceed 3% after one year of use. Excessive water content will easily cause high temperature and water vaporization during braking, which will reduce the braking effect of the car.
At present, most cars have installed brake pad warning lights. Usually, the owner will judge whether the brake pads should be replaced by whether the brake warning lights on the dashboard are lit. In fact, the warning light is the last bottom line, this time shows that the brake pads have almost lost their effectiveness. After the brake pads are completely worn out, the brake fluid will drop sharply. At this time, the brake pad metal base and brake pads are already in the state of iron grinding. You can see the bright iron cut near the edge of the rim of the tire. The loss of the hub is great. Therefore, it is recommended that you replace the brake pads close to the end of life in advance. You cannot rely on the warning light to determine.
OEM ACUEA Brake Pad
Most cars use the front disc and rear drum brake structure. Under normal circumstances, the front brake shoes wear relatively quickly, and the rear brake shoes are used for a relatively long time. Some problems should be noted in daily inspection and maintenance. Ford USA Brake Pad Manufacturer focuses on introducing you to several aspects:
1. Check the brake shoes every 5000 kilometers under normal driving conditions, not only to check the remaining thickness, but also to check the wear status of the shoes, whether the degree of wear on both sides is the same, whether the return is free, etc. The situation must be dealt with immediately.
2. The brake shoe is generally composed of two parts: iron lining and friction material. You must not wait for the friction material to wear out before replacing the shoe. For example, brake pads such as OEM ACUEA Brake Pad will have a certain thickness, if it is less than the safe range, it will be dangerous. Some vehicles have a brake shoe alarm function. Once the wear limit is reached, the instrument will alarm to prompt the replacement of the shoe. The hoof that has reached the limit of use must be replaced. Even if it can still be used for a period of time, it will reduce the braking effect and affect the safety of driving.
3. When replacing the brake pads provided by the original spare parts, only in this way can the braking effect between the brake pads and the brake disc be the best and the wear is minimal.
4. When replacing the shoe, a special tool must be used to push the brake cylinder back. Do not press it back with other crowbars, as this may cause the brake caliper guide screws to bend, causing the brake pads to jam.
5. After the replacement, be sure to step on the brakes of several feet to eliminate the gap between the shoe and the brake disc, causing the first foot not to brake, which is prone to accidents.
Chevrolet Brake Pad Manufacturer reminds everyone here that after the brake shoe is replaced, it needs to run in 200 kilometers to achieve the best braking effect. The newly changed shoe must be driven with caution.