Find here details of Disc Brake Pads on our website. Today we would like to talk about the maintenance method of brake pad.
The following points are shared by professional Acura Brake Shoe Factory:
1. Check the brake shoes once every 5000 km under normal driving conditions, not only check the remaining thickness, but also check the wear state of the shoes. The degree of wear on both sides is the same, whether the return is free or not, and it is found to be abnormal. The situation must be dealt with immediately.
2. The brake shoe is generally composed of two parts: the iron liner and the friction material. Do not replace the shoe after the friction material has been worn out. For example, the front brake shoes of the Jetta, the new piece has a thickness of 14 mm, and the replacement thickness is 7 mm, including more than 3 mm of iron liner thickness and nearly 4 mm of friction material thickness. Some vehicles have a brake shoe alarm function that will alert you to change the shoe once the wear limit is reached. The shoe that has reached the limit of use must be replaced, even if it can be used for a period of time, it will reduce the braking effect and affect the safety of driving.
3. When replacing, you need to change the brake pads provided by the original spare parts. Only in this way can the braking effect between the brake pads and the brake discs be the best and the wear is minimal.
4. When replacing the shoe, special tools must be used to push the brake cylinder back. Can not be pressed back with other crowbars, which will easily cause the brake caliper guide screws to bend and the brake pads to be stuck.
5. After the replacement, be sure to step on the brakes to eliminate the gap between the shoe and the brake disc, causing the first foot to not brake, which is prone to accidents.
6. After the brake shoe is replaced, it is necessary to run for 200 km to achieve the best braking effect. The shoe that has just been changed must be driven with caution.
If you want to know more information about Drum Brake Shoe, feel free to contact us.